Valuable things I have learnedPublished June 27, 2019
Are all divorces like what’s depicted in movies such as Kramer vs. Kramer, Intolerable Cruelty or War of the Roses? Maybe not all divorces but these movies do have some truth. As a divorce attorney, I have seen and heard a lot. I have also learned a thing or two about people and relationships. Some of these things are:
- Most people are good people.
- Even when people behave badly or irrationally, most of them are good people at their core.
- Guilt is a terribly wasteful feeling.
- The “principle of the matter” can be extremely costly – emotionally and financially.
- Strength is developed during struggle.
- Listening is a powerful tool.
- Compassion speaks volumes.
- Stuff can be replaced.
- Taking the higher road is the better path.
- The big picture and long game should always be in focus.